Monday, December 6, 2010

LA Times where are you?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/us/05publicist.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Yeah, I am back on the Ronni Chasen murder.

Above is a comprehensive story from the New York Times that is revealing not so much in the investigation, but in the makeup of Ms. Chasen.

In addition, The Hollywood Reporter has been doing excellent day-to-day coverage.

In my opinion, this should be the LA Times' story, but its coverage has been pretty beige, often relying on AP reporting. I'm sure if I knew the back story in the newsroom, this would all make sense. But as a regular reader, I just don't understand.

1 comment:

  1. An obituary that touches on a lot of different aspects like Ms. Chasen's will, art collections, spendthrift nature, condo and funeral wishes. Yet the quote from her friend that she was a businesswoman and not a princess seems to be the arc!

    ReplyDelete